MyEverettNews.com received the following bulletin from the Snohomish County Well being Division on Thursday afternoon:
People today WHO ATE Meals FROM TACO BELL AT 2727 BROADWAY 22-23. May well OR TACO BELL AT 303 91ST AVENUE IN LAKE STEVENS May well 23 THEY Will need TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR Well being
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. – The Snohomish County Well being Division has identified a case of hepatitis A that occurred in a meals worker who worked at two Taco Bell areas: 2727 Broadway in Everett and 303 91st Ave NE in Lake Stevens
Any person who ate meals from the Everett place on May well 22 or 23 or from the Lake Stevens place on May well 23 really should take the following actions:
- Verify if they are vaccinated or immune to hepatitis A. People today who are vaccinated or immune do not have to have to take any additional measures as they would be thought of protected from this exposure. People today can verify their immunization records by contacting their overall health care provider, making use of the Washington Immunization Info Program at https://va.miir.net or, if offered, by referring to their copy of their immunization record. People today who have previously been infected with hepatitis A may possibly also be immune. If they are not positive, they really should verify with their medical professional.
- Folks who are unvaccinated, immune or unsure of their status really should:
- Get in touch with their doctor or speak to the Snohomish County Well being Division at 425-339-3503 (then press 1) for guidance and possible post-exposure prophylaxis to stop illness. Post-exposure prophylaxis contains getting the hepatitis A vaccine or immunoglobulin (IG), which can give instant and lasting protection when provided inside two weeks of exposure to the hepatitis A virus. Hepatitis A vaccine is offered at quite a few overall health facilities or pharmacies in the county. Any person who has been exposed and is getting problems getting a vaccine provider, or who is uninsured or uninsured, really should speak to the Division of Well being.
- Monitor for any symptoms of illness. Remain household and do not prepare or serve meals to other people if you have symptoms. It requires in between 15 and 50 days for symptoms to create following exposure. Early indicators of hepatitis A incorporate:
- loss of appetite
- dark urine and jaundice (yellowing of the eyes or skin)
- If you create any of these symptoms, take further care in washing your hands following making use of the toilet and ahead of preparing or handling meals to stay away from additional spreading the illness. Wash your hands with soap and operating water. Be positive to lather and scrub all surfaces, such as the backs of the hands, wrists, in between the fingers, and beneath the nails.
The confirmed case seems to have been infected through international travel. The Snohomish County Well being Division is functioning with the company to recognize other workers who may possibly have been exposed and connect them with prevention data, as effectively as vaccination and post-exposure prophylaxis sources, as necessary.
ABOUT HEPATITIS A
The hepatitis A virus lives in the feces or blood of a person who is infected and is normally spread by way of fecal contamination. The virus can be spread from particular person to particular person by close speak to or by handling meals. Constant, thorough hand washing is crucial to stop spread by way of meals handling.
The illness varies in severity, with mild situations lasting two weeks or significantly less. Much more serious situations may possibly final six weeks or longer. Some people, specially young children, may possibly not create jaundice and may possibly have an illness so mild that it may possibly go unnoticed. Even so, even mildly ill people today can nonetheless be very contagious. Any person with hepatitis A symptoms and possible exposure who is not vaccinated or immune really should seek advice from a overall health care provider straight away, even if symptoms are mild.
For much more data, stop by www.snohd.org/hepatitis.
Hepatitis A, Taco Bell
We Everett News is a hyperlocal news web page featuring the most up-to-date news and events in Everett, Washington. We also cover data about the city of Everett and products of interest to these who reside and operate in Everett. It was written by Leland Dart, a former Snohomish County radio reporter born and raised in Everett.
View all posts by mieverettnevs →