Author: Tom Latek
5 folks with robust Kentucky ties who have created outstanding contributions to sports have been chosen for the Kentucky Sports Hall of Fame (KSHOF) Class of 2023, marking the Hall’s 60th anniversary and the 46th class of inductees.
Class members are:
• Rick Bozicha number of award-winning sports reporter and columnist for the Courier-Journal and VDRB.com.
• Brigid DeVriesa major administrator at the University of Kentucky and the Kentucky Higher College Athletic Association, a coach and innovator for women’s and girls’ sports in Kentucky.
• Tom Leachlengthy-serving radio voice of UK basketball and football and a number of Eclipse Award winner.
• Chris LoftonThe SEC’s all-time major 3-point shooter who played 15 years of skilled basketball overseas.
• William “Bubba” Paris, All-American at Michigan, no. 1 draft choose and 3-time Super Bowl winner at offensive tackle for the San Francisco 49ers.
A choice committee created up of 16 sports media specialists from across the nation chosen this year’s class. All choice committee votes had been independently tabulated by regional accounting firm Dean Dorton, one particular of Kentucky’s biggest accounting and consulting firms, with offices in Louisville, Lexington and Raleigh, NC.
“The KSHOF Class of 2023 recognizes 5 outstanding folks representing a wide variety of sports and professions – folks who have had a main influence on sports in the Commonwealth and on the national stage,” stated Louisville Sports Commission President and CEO Greg Fante. “This year’s participants represent a diverse mixture of achievements – media, sports and administration.” Each and every of them has worked diligently to make a distinction in their particular fields, which is fitting as we celebrate KSHOF’s 60th anniversary.”
In addition to announcing this year’s class, the Louisville Sports Commission, which owns and operates the KSHOF, stated Freedom Hall is now the official hall of fame. The announcement was created to recognize the venue’s wealthy sports heritage and deepen Frieda Hall’s connection to Kentucky’s sports heritage.
Members of the KSHOF Class of 2023 and their households will be honored on September 12, 2023 at Freedom Hall in Louisville. For ticket details, make contact with Julie Hovell at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 502-587-6742.
One thought on “The Kentucky Sports Hall of Fame announces 5 inductees for a ceremony Sept. 12 in Louisville”