BOULVERDE, Texas – Francesca Watson has invested her life savings in her beloved art studio The Makery in Bulverde.

Having said that, early Saturday morning, her alarm alerted her to an unexpected nightmare.

“I pulled up our safety camera and I could see flames and smoke. That is why I known as 911,” Watson mentioned.

When she arrived, the constructing was covered in smoke. The aftermath of the fire presents tiny hope for her art studio.

In a Facebook video, Watson mentioned the fire began in her studio and “appeared to be electrical in nature” just before it spread to the restaurant subsequent door, Bistro Verde.

“This has absolutely nothing to do with the restaurant subsequent door.” “The fire broke out in our studio,” she mentioned. “It is a total waste.”

The restaurant subsequent door also suffered considerable harm.

According to a Facebook post from Verde Bistro, it will be closed till additional notice.

“This job represents our complete life savings. “We’re placing it all right here so we do not have any savings, but we’ll have a roof more than our heads and meals on the table,” Watson mentioned. “These young households that perform in the buildings, my two assistants, you know, they are folks on fixed incomes or, you know, raising smaller households. And I am just worried about them.”

Rhonda Zunker with the Bulverde Spring Chamber of Commerce is coordinating help for much more than a dozen folks who perform at the art studio and restaurant.

“If we can assistance them with their quick demands and, you know, give them a tiny bit of income till they are re-employed,” Zunker mentioned.

Some restaurants have provided to give personnel short-term jobs till the company reopens.

Watson mentioned their pet shop cat died in the fire.

KSAT reached out to the Bulverde Spring Branch Fire Division for facts about the fire and have not heard back.

Copyright 2023 by KSAT – All rights reserved.

By Editor

Leave a Reply