Public Health Issues Caution as bacteria levels exceed health standards
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health is warning residents planning to visit Los Angeles County beaches to avoid swimming, surfing and playing in ocean waters:
· Malibu Lagoon at Surfrider Beach
· Topanga Canyon Beach in Malibu
· Latigo Shore Drive in Malibu
· Escondido Creek at Escondido State Beach
· Solstice Creek at Dan Blocker County Beach
· Marie Canyon Storm Drain at Puerco Beach
· Las Flores Creek at Las Flores State Beach
· Pena Creek at Las Tunas County Beach
· Santa Monica Canyon Stream at Will Rogers State Beach
· Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica
· Pico-Kenter Storm Drain on Santa Monica Beach.
· Beach of Mothers in Marina Del Rey
These warnings were issued because bacteria levels exceeded health standards when they were last tested. Recorded information on beach conditions is available 24 hours a day by calling the county’s beach closure hotline: 1-800-525-5662. To view a map of affected locations and for more information, visit http://publichealth.lacounti.gov/Beach/.